Welcome to #JDAIMblogs - A Blogging Effort for Jewish Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month

#JDAIMblogs 2016; Removing the Stumbling Block

Today marks the first day of February and the official start of Jewish Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month. JDAIM is designed to be a unified initiative to raise disability awareness and support efforts to foster inclusion in Jewish communities worldwide.

It is the JDAIM tagline - FROM Awareness to Inclusion - that has always resonated with me most deeply, so I am really pleased to see the shift in the title to now include inclusion (see what I did there?)

The true value of this month lies in raising the awareness that there is so much more we can and should be doing to include those with disabilities in our Jewish communities. 
True value lies in raising awareness that there is so much more we can and should be doing to include those with disabilities; Removing the Stumbling Block
I am once again taking the lead on an effort called #JDAIMblogs. You can read more here about this initiative. I will do my best to blog often during the month of February in honor of JDAIM. I hope you will add your voice.

At the bottom of this post is a place to link up your blog posts and articles. This will allow readers to find one another’s posts, spread the word about their own and generally serve as an online gathering space for JDAIM blogging efforts. Feel free to come back often and link each of your #JDAIMblogs posts.

Tag every post with #JDAIMblogs on social media so we can find and share one another’s posts. I encourage you to tweet me and tag me on Facebook so that I can share your content. (#JDAIM16 is the other hashtag being used for general JDAIM information, resources and events.)

As a Jewish Educator and Inclusion Expert I realize that the vague nature of “join me in blogging” could be overwhelming for some. While you are free to blog on anything that relates to disability, accessibility, inclusion, etc., this image provides prompts for those who appreciate that in order to get their creative juices flowing.

And if writing is “not your thing”, share a photo or artwork or a quote or a video. Honor your own expressive style and do what is most comfortable and most accessible for you. 

Don’t shy away from sharing your voice!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...